Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love home



I mean, I do love a good vacation, but I like home best.

We went to Bellaire Beach, Florida, this Thanksgiving. (I had to look on a map, too. It's on a teensy strip of land West of Tampa.) My dad rented a house on the beach for a week, and Austin and his family came too. We had a great time. It was so nice to be able to walk out the door and into the ocean. Well, I never really made it to the ocean. But the kids did. And they had fun. I just stayed on the beach taking pictures.



We went to Busch Gardens (in the pouring rain--at least there were no lines) on Wednesday with everybody. Thursday's feast was at Marlin Darlin, with Caribbean Turkey and some scrumptious collard greens. We headed to Disney World on Friday. It was a very, very busy, tiring day. We spent the first half at Magic Kingdom and the second half at Epcot. The lines were really long and the park was packed. But it was fun. We got home at midnight. All in all, a good trip. But I am so happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment