I just spent the last 3 days subbing for the Latin teacher who replaced ME 10 years ago at USN. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it. I used parts of my brain that hadn't been used in a really long time (11th grader--Ms. Robbins, is this a relative clause of characteristic? me--Ummmm, (long pause, while I try really hard to retrieve this piece of information) Yes, that is right.) And I had to swallow my pride several times when I said the wrong answer, checked in a book, and later had to correct myself. I mean, I haven't thought about intensive or reflexive pronouns in a really long time.
I seriously had the brightest possible kids in my classes, and they genuinely love Latin, which makes me oh so happy. They were fun, inquisitive, and freaky smart. I had a great time reading Cicero and making up games to review the subjunctive.
But, I am glad it's Friday. I fell asleep after school today in our playroom while my kids were up there. I haven't made dinner since Tuesday. And I think Misty almost fainted when she showed up to clean (hallelujah) this afternoon. I've run out of outfits to look presentable in. And I haven't had a real conversation with Jason in 3 days.
Oh, and I had to farm out Bo to friends because I would have had to pay a babysitter more than I get paid to subsitute. So HUGE thank yous to Tina, Mary, and Jason. Bo had so much fun ("Daddy came too early, Miss Tina!" "I don't want to leave Kate!"). But I really, really missed him.
I also had a great time catching up with old friends who teach there. It's such a fun place to work, and I think it's the best job possible. But not for me for now. Maybe later. For now I'm happy to be at home. I'll just have to pull out my Aeneid every now and then to satisfy that part of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment