Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dreams for My Life When I Actually Have Free Time

Making and Delivering Meals

My friend, Beth, just turned 40. I thought for a long time about what to get her. I ran through the list of what she loves, and couldn't come up with anything great. Then I thought about what she hates and it just so happens to be something I love: making dinner. So I made up a menu and told her I'd make and deliver dinners to her for 5 nights. Maybe that's dorky, but it was the best I could come up with.

So we'll see how this goes. One dream I have for My Life When I Actually Have Free Time is to make meals for people. I don't think I'm that amazing of a cook... but I do enjoy it and I know it doesn't taste horrible. How's that for selling my business? I might need to hire a marketer.

Writing a Book

I have mentioned this before, but I think about it a lot. Again, I don't think I'm that good of a writer (is there a theme here?), but I really want to be. And my life isn't particularly interesting (I absolutely love my life, but it's not that interesting. Not enough drama--and I like it like that.). But I've decided that I know people with interesting lives and perhaps that could make for a nice book. Don't worry, I'll change the names.

Painting

Wouldn't that be dreamy to be behind an easel and slap some colors on a canvas?

Getting in Shape

I think about exercising every day. I even put on my workout clothes in hopes of using them. But it doesn't happen that often. There's always an excuse (I only slept 4 hours--I need a nap. Or, the baby is awake and he is really, really cute. Or, we're out of spoons and glasses-- I should do the dishes. Or, I just don't feel like it.) Lately the excuse is that my knees hurt. So, I went to see my buddy Ed (an Orthopod) who sent me to P.T. and gave me braces to help correct some faulty kneecap moving thing. So after Thursday I will be all cleared to run again and train for this stupid half-marathon I signed up for because I had a coupon for $10 off.

But, when I have a Life with Actual Free Time I would like to be in shape. As in, can't go a day without exercising.

Just four dreams for now. But today I just need to clean up around here and enjoy my favorite cute little people.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I think I should think about what my dreams are for when I actually have free time... hmmm, what might they be? And will I ever have free time again? :-)

    ReplyDelete