
Somehow Bo has landed himself in a family of night owls. Bo asks to go to bed around 5, but we usually hold him off until 6:30 or 7. By then he's in his tractor pajamas, snuggled up reading Where's Waldo. The rest of us? The girls would easily stay up until 10:30 if I didn't take away their books and sit outside their room telling them to be quiet every time they whispered to each other. Jason and I typically go to bed around 11.
But the mornings are difficult. Bo has always enjoyed waking up to start a new day as early as possible. The girls and their parents have always slept in (or at least wanted to). Bo is ready to go play t-ball, or eat breakfast, or be a superhero. Poor little guy comes in our room asking, "is it wake up time?" every morning, and every morning we say, "not yet, Bo."
For a while we tried putting his bowl out, with some cereal poured into a little baggie. We left milk in a cup in the refrigerator so he could pour it himself. But that didn't work, because he preferred to eat the cereal from the baggie, which he would bring into our bed and crunch loudly while we tried to sleep. Crumbs were everywhere, and I HATE crumbs in my bed.
I'd really like to become a morning person. The world favors morning people. "Exercise in the morning!" "Start school at 8!" "Have your devotion when you wake up!" "Shower before the kids wake up!" OK, that's not going to happen. I've tried to change my wiring, and it just can't be done. I'm always tired in the mornings, and since Tucker still won't let me have caffeine, I can't rely on drugs to wake me up.
So for now, we will just have to embrace the morning Bo.
No comments:
Post a Comment