It looks like everybody survived the weekend while I was away. Not that I thought they wouldn't, but it's always nice to come home to everybody in tact. Thanks to some help from our nanny and friends, and several soccer games, Jason managed to keep everyone entertained.
Meanwhile, my weekend was great. Everybody had fun and the weather was perfect. We had lunch at a little Austrian restaurant (Leopold's Cafe) on Friday, followed by some shopping in Georgetown. I didn't buy anything, but it was still nice to walk around and catch up with my friends. Friday night we stayed in and ate at Elissa's. We spent Saturday at the mall, where we visited the National Gallery of Art and we got to see the new MLK memorial (which was very cool).

Saturday night we ate at a wine bar and had about 20 different shared plates. We had everything from chick peas to flat iron steak. And anchovies. And Brussels sprouts. There's no way I would have eaten any of that 20 years ago--interesting how taste buds change.
Re-entry is difficult, I have to say. I LOVE my job as a mom, but when you have a 48-hour period of no responsibility, it is slightly painful to go back. Mondays are hard anyway, so yesterday was a rough day.
No comments:
Post a Comment