Thursday, November 17, 2011

The hidden mouse

Tucker has been very, very busy. On Tuesday he threw away my mouse. Why in the world would anybody think that a wireless mouse is a good idea? I can't think of a single reason. The main thing the wire does is ensure that the mouse stays connected to the computer. And a computer without a mouse is essentially worthless. So for 7 hours I looked all over the house for the mouse.

I checked in the trash can three times, but it was not until my trusty housekeeper, Misty the Great, searched that it was found. I hadn't looked deep enough. Misty was looking in there for it when she saw the computer turn on. Knowing it was in there somewhere, she kept looking until she found it at the bottom! She's the hero! And Tucker is the troublemaker.

He puts everything in the laundry hamper, trash can, and recycling bin. He dumps out everything within reach in the pantry. And he climbs on everything he can get to. And, he likes to hit buttons on my computer that make the screen EXTRA BIG where I can't figure out how to restore it. It is not boring around here.

We've had a little bit of soccer (four games-- 3 wins and a loss for Scout's team)

Not an action shot, but at least it's a closeup! It was so windy that day.


 and a little bit of horses (not ours-- the best kind). 
Clydesdales? They are HUGE and very sweet.


I've been planning my menu for Thanksgiving and the few days before (for the visit of my brother and family and parents, along with some awesome friends who are just like family). This year I am extremely excited for Thanksgiving.


And, on the shopping goal, I am going to report that I am finished with my kids' Christmas! I am planning on wrapping today. I have a few more things to get some extra family and favorites in my life, but at least the majority of the shopping is done. So, so happy that I will be able to enjoy Advent this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment