Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We've had a super fun time with my family--my brother and his family and my parents--this Thanksgiving. They leave tonight, but we've had lots of fun together the last few days. This is a great picture we took on Wednesday of all the kids and a huge, friendly horse who loves having his picture taken.

My parents' Christmas card this year

And this is my favorite of my dad and Tucker:


Tucker says "Papaw" now and adores my dad, of course.  

As for Christmas, we've decided not to get a tree this year. A) because of Tucker--he's 15 months. Oh my pulling the tree over every day. B) Because last year we found a mouse the day we brought the tree IN the house and the day we took it OUT of the house. C)It makes a needle mess that I'm still cleaning up in June. and D) I don't feel like it. So I'm exploring alternative options, such as a fake retro tree, and giant blow up tree, and a teensy real tree that we'll plant. Today I'm decorating for Christmas so I have to make a decision soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thought I'd share what we do regarding trees: we put up a fake one inside and a real one on the porch (that way I need only sweep the pine needles into the flower bed). We've also used a large manger indoor instead of a tree... Have fun choosing something different for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect idea. I just found some GORGEOUS retro trees on line that I've fallen in love with. But I love the idea of one on the porch to decorate!

    ReplyDelete