I somehow messed up my dinner plan this week, swapping out sides and entrees and leaving my Thursday with manicotti and roasted vegetables, which sounds a little weird to me. And too time consuming. So we went out. And by went out, I mean I took all four to a restaurant, mainly because we played at the neighborhood community center until 6 and I didn't have time to go home and make dinner (and Jason was working late).
I do enjoy eating out. We usually eat in during the week, but on the weekends we'll have lunch out sometimes. And Jason and I will go out usually once a week for date night. But taking all four out by myself is something I rarely dare to do.
Everything actually went fine: nobody threw anything, or had tantrums, or knocked over anything. Everybody found something on the menu they were excited about (grilled cheese for them, fish for me). Tucker only ate tartar sauce. Seriously, he dipped his french fries into the tartar sauce and put the french fries on the table after he licked them. I didn't even notice until he had eaten half the tartar sauce that he was doing that. He also ate lemons from the water glasses. Lemons and tartar sauce.
After dinner I asked for the check and only then did I realize I had no wallet. So I left two of my kids at the restaurant as collateral and had to go home. I had a vague memory that Tucker was playing with my purse earlier that day and had dumped my wallet onto the floor. Which is where I found it. So I went back to the restaurant and paid for my dinner in exchange for my kids. Was that a little odd? Leaving my kids at the restaurant? In hindsight, I think it was a little strange. But they thought it was fun and I'm hoping they won't end up in counseling for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment