
This morning we checked out the hotel pool. There were very few people there (thankfully. We are a loud group of people.) It was a gorgeous day and the water felt like a bathtub. Bo jumped in about a hundred times and laughed every time. He would swim to the side (in his floaties) and get out and do it all over again. I got to relax a little bit while Scout took over Bo duties. It was a nice morning.
This afternoon we took a snorkel cruise to Kealakekua Bay. This was the second coolest snorkel adventure I've ever had. (The first was in Baja when we snorkeled with seals). The boat ride
took an hour from Kona, and we got to snorkel for 90 minutes. We had a blast. They had little viewfinders and boogey boards with holes to look through for the kids. The boat also had two 15-foot slides and a spot to jump off the boat. There were so many beautiful fish with all different colors and I could have snorkeled all day! I've never seen so many different kinds of fish. Spencer took a bunch of pictures with her underwater camera but it used film, so I can't post any, unfortunately. Most of the time Bo rode on my back while I snorkeled. The good thing about that was that when wherever we went, people cleared out of the way. He's a little loud sometimes. Somehow he didn't scare away the fish though!
We stopped in Kona to have Thai on the way home. Bo behaved a little better than dinner last night. Phew. Oh, he's far from well-behaved in restaurants, but at least he didn't throw soy sauce.
There is a guy singing in one of the lobby bars every night. Tonight we stopped to listen to him. It made me a little sad. There aren't very many people in our hotel. Only four people were listening to him. Tourism is way down here, and I hope everyone around here can survive through this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment