Every year for the past 6 or 7 years my best friends from college and I have a weekend together. We've gone to Lee's lake house in Texas a few times, Nashville a couple times, and Seattle. We come from DC, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, New Orleans, and Seattle. We are married, single, new moms, and moms of 1-4 kids. We work full-time, part-time, and stay at home. We homeschool and private school. We travel the world and pack up our minivans for grandma's.
This year I had to miss the reunion at Lee's lake house because Tucker was too little to travel. Jason and I decided I wouldn't go if he was not going to be 8 weeks yet, and of course he was late so he wasn't old enough by this weekend. I was really sad all weekend, knowing all my besties were together having fun. But I'm so thankful for this precious group of friends who know me and love me and maybe even missed me a little this weekend. Having people who have walked together through things for almost 20 years is, well, I can't think of a word to describe it. Something I couldn't imagine living without.
No comments:
Post a Comment