Thursday, September 30, 2010

Xantac Is My Best Friend

So little Tucker has pretty much screamed most days, most of the day for 8 weeks. He doesn't sleep much and he seems like he wishes he would. The past weekend was my tipping point. I had to leave three soccer games and a neighborhood picnic because he was crying so loud. Which is fine, I don't mind that I had to leave. It's just that he was so miserable that was upsetting. And it wasn't the soccer game or the picnic that was bothering him. He cried at home, in the car, on a walk, pretty much wherever he was.

So Monday morning I decided to call Dr. Walters. I described Tucker to the nurse. The crying, the not sleeping, the incessant spitting up. (Have I mentioned that? He spits up all the time. I use 2-3 burp cloths every feeding, and he and I both have to change 3 or 4 times a day because we have spit up all over us. Lovely.) He prescribed Xantac. I gave it to him that evening.

Tucker woke up the next day at 10:30. He didn't cry until noon, and even then it was a little teeny episode because he was tired. He didn't spit up the whole day. And he cooed and smiled at me a bunch.

I think it's official: This baby has reflux. I feel HORRIBLE that he was trying to tell me for 8 weeks and I just picked up on it. But I'm really, really thankful that there is a quick fix to his crying and miserableness. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. So glad....well that you found out what was going on-not that he has reflux. I am sending sweet sleep and happy day prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete