Thursday, November 4, 2010

October was a blur





So I'm a little tired. This little guy is giving me a run for my money. He's up A LOT at night. But he's so, SO cute and dreamy during the day. He coos and smiles and snuggles and I can't get enough of him. But at night, he likes to wake up, oh, every 2 or 3 hours. And then sometimes he likes to wake up to eat and then stay up for a couple hours, usually because his tummy hurts.

I feed him every 2-4 hours during the day, even waking him up if it's been a while. And he never really naps very long, although I put him in his little bed and try to encourage it. I'm avoiding dairy, tomatoes, onions, chocolate, caffeine, broccoli, and cabbage. He's sleeping in his Nap Nanny (thanks, Natalie!) and taking his Xantac. He's growing like a weed, and very happy in general. But I am exhausted! I keep thinking, "Tonight's the night! He's going to sleep great, I just know it!"

Enough of that. See? That's why i haven't written anything in a month (or more?). Who wants to hear about a baby who mysteriously won't sleep and a mom who's getting by on maximum 6 hours of combined sleep every night? Nobody, that's who. So I've spared you some really boring reads.

On to the next topic: Halloween. As always, it was crazy in our neighborhood. We had a great time and it was not as chaotic as I thought it was going to be. Tucker was a monkey --pictured above :)--Bo was Superman, Spencer was a moose, and Scout was a piece of pizza. Ok, this is pathetic, but I just realized the only picture of them in their costumes is a group picture with everybody looking away from the camera. I need to step things up a notch so we can enjoy our memories with pictures!

Our super awesome nanny, Liz, loves parties maybe even more than I do. In addition to helping me take care of my kids, she also does wedding planning , event planning, and interior design. She put together an adorable display for us for a little Halloween party pizzazz. My kids loved it.



Our last weekend of soccer is this weekend. Spencer has a tournament and Scout has two friendlies on Sunday. I love watching them play, but I am so ready to have our week days back. We spend all week driving them to and from soccer practice and it's getting old. I'm ready to enjoy the fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment