Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Date Night

Every Wednesday night is date night for Jason and me. I LOVE Wednesdays. Often we don't even get to speak between Sunday and Wednesday, so we both look forward to catching up and seeing how things are going.

Usually we go out to eat. Sometimes, we will go for a run and have a light dinner. Every now and then we head to Target or the grocery store. But Wednesday nights are sacred, and we don't schedule anything over them.

Tonight we went shopping for suitcases. We are headed to Calgary soon, so we thought it would be a good idea to leave the pink and purple duffle bags at home and opt for a more mature luggage choice. We settled on a black, medium-sized one with wheels. I probably didn't need to mention the "with wheels" part, because I think by now most human beings have upgraded to bags with wheels. Except we just got back from a trip with two bags without wheels and did I mention how difficult it is to carry two large bags, one pack n play, two car seats and a baby while your husband gets the rental car? So now we have one bag with wheels, and one bag on hold, and one very large bag (with wheels) in the attic that we will have to bring because (it has wheels.) Do you notice a theme here?

And I saw a very cute little animal backpack that I was dying to get for Tucker to carry around, until Jason pointed out that Tucker can't even walk, so why don't we just hold off on that one.

Then we went to Firefly to have the most divine piece of coconut cake on the planet with a very nice glass of Pinot Gris. All in all, it was a perfect little date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment