Friday, July 15, 2011

Math

Do you ever wake up and have serious intentions? Like maybe even a revelation that something you've been doing all along is completely wrong? Or that the day absolutely must not come to an end without accomplishing something? Or feeling like you can't possibly go another day without changing something?

Today was one of those days.

I was sitting there with the girls last night, having a normal conversation. All of a sudden it involved math. One of them was trying to figure out how many kids would be in her traveling group in 5th grade. And she seriously couldn't do it. She couldn't carry the 3 or add the 2 or even make a guesstimate. I realized we've spent the entire summer focused on sports, and there has not been one math problem since May.

I woke up and declared that today we are only doing math and summer reading. And cleaning the pig sty that they call their bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment