Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to the Work Force

OK, not really. But I have been tutoring lately and I love it. It's so energizing to be around a)teenagers and b)Latin. I have forgotten a lot, but things will come back to me that I haven't thought of in years. I'm pretty sure I will never forget my verb endings, but there are tons of more complicated grammatical rules that I don't even remember that I forgot.

I'm tutoring one boy who is home schooled. I was a little nervous at first, because that means I'm responsible for his whole Latin course. But he's a great kid and it's been fun to take it in my own direction, at his own pace. I'm also tutoring a girl who today asked if we can do it every week. She's in eighth grade, and just wants a little extra practice. Plus I get to work with Scout and two of her friends once a week.  I cannot envision myself teaching again anytime soon, but tutoring is perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment