Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Break is over

At the beginning of winter break, we went to Mexico. When we came back, I was about to pull out my hair from all of this togetherness at home. I felt a little badly about feeling like that... but we were home all day. it was raining, it was cold, and we had nothing to do.  (Except dump out cornstarch on the floor. That's fun to clean up.) Everyone was staying up too late, and some of us were getting up too early. But toward the end of the week, we all started to enjoy being together. We played soccer and went for runs. We went to Alabama to visit Jason's family. We had my friend Karen and her family in town for New Year's Eve. We had sleepovers and playdates. I finished one book and started another. And we went to a movie in the middle of the day. I really enjoyed having the girls home to help with Tucker. And he loved being with them.

So today I was in mourning when the alarm went off, signaling our rush back into the rat race. I keep telling the girls to let me know if they want me to home school them, but once I tell them they will still have to get up early they boycott that idea. But the idea still looms back there somewhere. I have mixed feeling about homeschooling my kids, and I would want to do it for the right reasons. (Extra help with Tucker is not a good reason to keep them at home.) And I wonder if I have the patience to do it. This week I start homeschooling a high school boy in Latin, so it will give me a little glance into what it would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment