1. Everyday family stories
2. Venting on life experiences
3. Recounting a trip or activity
4. Hopes and dreams
5. Dorky thoughts
This one fits into the fifth category.
I really like cabbage. I have always liked cole slaw--the kind that's not too vinegary. I now am proud to say that I like cooked cabbage. My favorite ways to eat cabbage are tossing it in a little bit of olive oil, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and roasting it for about 20 minutes. Last night I sauteed it in a little olive oil and had it over rice. Actually, it was a combination of chopped vegetables from Trader Joe's including cabbage, carrots, green peppers, radishes, and jicama.
Why am I talking about cabbage? Besides the fact that I'm a little dorky? I saw a study that said cabbage can decrease your risk of developing breast cancer by 66%. Can you believe that? That's amazing. Hey, it tastes great and it can help reduce my risk of getting a crappy disease? I'm in.
No comments:
Post a Comment