Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts for a Wednesday

A few items on my mind today:

1) Rain. Wow, this is a lot of rain. Field trips canceled, games postponed. People around here are getting all panicky. It's been almost a year since the infamous flood, and the insane amounts of rain we're getting makes people nervous. I realize the whole country is getting pounded--I guess that's the spring for you.

2) The Half-Marathon. I'm not quite prepared. The good news is that my only goal is to finish. I don't have a time to beat. But I'm excited and I think it's going to be difficult, but a blast.

3) Salt-Water Taffy. Scout has a flea market at school on Friday and she's decided to make salt-water taffy to sell. This should be interesting. I bought all the ingredients and flavorings (banana, coconut, lemon, orange, and peppermint.) The other thing she is selling is pet rocks. Don't worry--I'll post pictures.

4)Swimsuit Season. I'm having a salad for lunch.

I hope nobody was expecting any deep thoughts or you are very disappointed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment