Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week Recap

What have we been up to this last week? Let's see.

School started. I enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures on FB of the first day of school: kids smiling, carrying new backpacks, wearing pretty clothes. Meanwhile, our first day meant kids running around the house, trying to find anything that fits, going to the attic to dig out a backpack, and not being able to find shoes. I didn't get my camera out for that scene.

Scout had four soccer games in 24 hours. They were really fun to watch. Bo had friends to play with and declared that Scout's soccer games were the most fun things ever. Spencer had one of her favorite people there to play with, who also happened to be someone who loved holding babies. So Tucker even had a great time. The one thing Tucker did not enjoy, however, was sleeping in the hotel room. We told him he's not allowed to go on anymore spend-the-night soccer trips.

After the soccer game, the hubs and I both realized that neither one had the car keys. Or phones. So that was an unfortunate way to end the fourth soccer game on a very hot day after not sleeping in the hotel room because of the aforementioned crying baby. Thanks to an Allstate roadside service, and the phone of the coach (how embarrassing is that?), after one hour we were back in our car and on the road home for the 3 1/2 hour drive home.

Did I mention that chocolate chip cookies I made? Wow, they were good.

We had a family move in with us for a few weeks. Those who know me know that I am a serious extrovert... which means that I love being around people. Which is a good thing, because we are around people. Five of them, including their most precious newborn and 2- and 4-year old girls. My girls are loving getting to hold the baby, and reading to the older girls. Bo has a permanent playmate all day long. And I have people to hang out with. Dinners are crazy and slightly chaotic. But I love all the action. And the baby is the easiest thing I've ever seen. I will be very sad when they move out, and I think we'll have withdrawals and need to have all the girls over periodically so we don't miss them too much.

Bo started soccer practice. He's been waiting for this moment his whole life. He loved it and can't wait for his first game.

Scout had her first performance as an Oompa Loompa. The musical has been her most favorite thing. And I have to say, I was floored by the whole production. It was awesome!

I made another batch of tortillas. This time I used oil instead of shortening, and milk instead of water. These were much softer and had a little better flavor. It was completely insane to make homemade tortillas with seven kids, but we did it. I'm not sure why I pick the day my housekeeper came to spread flour all over the kitchen. I need to remember that next time and do it the night before.

Oh, I got rear-ended while transporting three kids to soccer practice. Extremely annoying that it made us late AND I have to take my car in to be repaired. How am I going to fit that in to my schedule?

I think that's about it. When is life going to slow down?

No comments:

Post a Comment