
Spencer's team won their tournament in the most emotional championship game ever. I'll spare you all the details, but it ended with penalty kicks. Spencer missed the first game because she was throwing up the night before, but she rallied and made it for the final game. They tied it up in the second half and went into two overtimes. Then they tied in PK's. Then the cutest goalie in the world made another great save and an awesome shot and won the game for us!
Tears all around and a huge celebration. Winning certainly isn't everything, and sometimes a loss is good for a team. But this is what we needed, and I think her team is totally bonded and ready for anything.
Scout's team finished second, and they had some great plays against tough teams. My favorite thing about yesterday, though, was how excited Scout and some of her friends were for Spencer and her team. They cheered so hard for Spencer when she got her medal. I know it's hard when you have two girls, a year apart in age, playing the same sport competitively; but, I hope they can always delight in the other's success.
No comments:
Post a Comment