Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend


My favorite thing about this weekend was that we had NOTHING planned. Which meant we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, with no commitments to do anything we didn't want to do. And it was perfectly wonderful.

On Saturday Scout, Tucker and I went to the festival downtown. It was blazing hot, but we enjoyed the music and the flea circus. Yes, there was a flea circus. Anybody else expect little fleas holding tight wire poles and wearing clown costumes? I'm a little embarrassed to admit indeed there are no fleas at the flea circus. But the guy was very adorable and looked like he had been performing his flea circus for about five or six decades.

Bo told me on Saturday morning that he and his dad were going to the football game that night. He said they had a new coach and it was the last game (actually, Bo, it's the first game) and that they were going to win. He was so excited. I asked Jason about the game and he said that he had not mentioned a word to Bo about the game, much less discussed the hiring of a new coach. Anyway, he was so excited about going that Jason decided to take him. We all drove down to the game but then the girls, Tucker and I walked home, stopping for frozen yogurt on the way. Bo had a blast at the game. And he later told me that Ms. Jackie, his music teacher, told him all about the game.

I took the girls shopping after church on Sunday. We never ever do that (mainly because I don't like to shop... and my girls have such different fashion tastes that it's hard to take them together), but it was fun. Spencer found some jeans at Gap that look adorable on her. I think Scout only bought a headband, but she now wears Spencer's hand-me-downs, so that's going to have to suffice for the fall.

We watched at least five movies this weekend (it rained most of it), including three Star Wars movies, Lemony Snicket, and Rio. We went rock climbing until Bo had his final tantrum and I took him home. And I made chicken chili and chocolate chip cookies. That about sums it up. Labor Day might be my new favorite holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment