
Wait, am I the only one? That's embarrassing. But I will share with you my recipe for really tasty popcorn anyway.
First you start with some fresh kernels. The hubs prefers white, but I like either yellow or white.
You'll need a pan dedicated to popcorn, because quite often the husband will burn the popcorn and it's impossible to remove said burnt bits. To avoid an argument over charred bits in the boiling pasta water, make it very clear which pan is designated for making popcorn.
Turn the heat to medium-high.
Put about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan. Now, this is the important part. We spent years settling for popcorn cooked in vegetable oil. But now we now the truth. Coconut oil rules.

And isn't it cool how at room temperature it is a solid? And how it hangs to the top of the jar with all that space at the bottom?
Put 3 little kernels in with the coconut oil. Now put the top on the pan and wait. For what? You wait until you hear the kernels start to pop.
Once you hear the pop, quickly put 1/2 cup of popcorn into the oil and put the top on again. And then wait.
While you wait you can gather your salt and butter or nothing at all, depending on how you like your popcorn. Some people like fancy seasonings. Some people like a little sweet/savory mixture of salt and sugar. Now is the time to gather them. Me? I like butter and salt.
Shake the pan a little while it's popping or you'll have those charred bits of popcorn I was referring to earlier.
Once the popping slows down, quickly remove it from the heat and put it in your favorite popcorn bowl. Then put the toppings on. Voila!
No comments:
Post a Comment