Friday, September 9, 2011

Thinking of Others

This weekend we have approximately 37 soccer games. Well, almost. It's more like 8--seriously. When did our lives become all soccer, all the time? So if you need me this weekend, check your nearest (or farthest, actually) soccer field. It will be a tag-team filled few days, for sure.

One hilarious story from our 4-year-old houseguest, Lilly. Her dad told her they were going to Cincinnati this weekend to visit friends and pack up their house (which they sold! Isn't that amazing?). She said, "Daddy! I don't want to move back there! I like it here. I want to live here with Bo and go to my school." She was quiet for a few seconds then said, "Wait. I'm only thinking of myself, aren't I. Well, now I'm thinking of other people and I still don't want to move back there!" She is really funny.

And moving on to another topic that has nothing to do with the previous one,

Some quick Tucker facts:

He is now walking, and he'll take about 10 steps at a time before he falls down or decides crawling is quicker. He looks like a little monkey and I still squeal and congratulate him every time he does it.

He's in the stage where it's riveting to put things where they don't belong. Like, the sippy cup in the kitchen drawer, the ball in the refrigerator, etc. It's going to be interesting in the next few months when I can't find my keys.

He's been sleeping 12 hours at night and a few hours nap--either one big one or two small ones. It's delightful.

He can't do dairy (it upsets his tummy), so we visited the nutritionist yesterday. We're trying coconut milk. I just have to make sure he gets enough calcium, protein, fat, and vitamin D from other sources. Thankfully, he eats everything and loves food, so I don't think it will be a problem.

I can't squeeze him or kiss him enough. He's dreamy and joyful and adorable and I wish I could freeze time.

I took pictures and videos all morning of this kid, and all I got (with the exception of 1) is blurred faces and the top of his head. And blogger can't process my videos anymore, for some reason. But here's one that not the cutest but at least it's not as blurry as the rest. Although it is a little slobbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment