Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Half

Just so you know, if you run a half-marathon you will be sore the next day. And you will wince when you go up and down stairs.

I finished it in 2:40, which I am actually pretty happy about. My goal was for 2:30, but it was a lofty goal, as the longest I'd gone before yesterday in recent months is 5 miles. My plan was to run 3, walk 1, and I basically did that until the end when I just wanted to hurry and get it over with.

The race was so much fun. The bands along the way and people encouraging us made it much easier than I thought it would be. And I'm even thinking about signing up for another one in the fall.

Jason finished in 1:45, which was a few minutes faster than last year.

The only hard thing about running a race with small children is that they really don't care how tired you are. We had soccer and tee-ball and didn't get to sit down until I went to bed at 8:30. I am so thankful for the rain today and hoping soccer and softball will be canceled today. Maybe a trip to the movie theater?

No comments:

Post a Comment