from jcrew.com
2. The sun is out. And I have some orange gerbera daisies in my kitchen.

3. Tucker is 9 months old today! Oh, and how scrumptious he is. He is currently obsessed with

his tongue. He's always sticking it out of his mouth and touching it. He's been doing great sleeping too
-- 7pm to about 6 am. He's thinking about crawling, I can tell. He's up on his hands and knees but not moving them. Although he can get to where he wants by rolling and squirming.He loves to eat, loves his big brother and sisters, and likes to be held.
4. Our neighborhood home tour is this weekend. In addition to 8 houses and gardens on the tour, there will also be bands, food vendors, an art gallery, and seminars. It's always a lot of fun, but they've never done anything other than the homes so the other stuff is going to make it even better. Come on over if you can!
5. I spent way too much time making crepes last night. They were filled with chicken/mushrooms. They were really good, but why do I do that? It took a gazillion hours and the kids would have been just as happy with chicken fingers. For dessert we filled them with chocolate, whipped cream, and strawberries. SO GOOD. About a month ago the girls and I were plotting opening a crepe stand so I thought I should try them out. Those are definitely going on the menu. I also made creamed spinach, but it wasn't as good as Fleming's. I'll be looking for a new recipe for that most favorite side dish of mine.
6. The salt-water taffy we made last week turned out ok. It was a little hard but tasted great. And it looked perfect in the little wax paper packaging. We made banana, coconut, lemon, orange, and peppermint. Scout sold out of it. The pet rocks were a mild hit. She had a few leftover. And in case you were wondering, letting 4th graders make taffy is extremely messy and will form a cement-like mixture on your counters.

Scout and her friend Annie


* this might be a little too strong of a word choice here. Jesus feeding the 5,000 and walking on water was miraculous. Perhaps a better word would be "amazing" or "unprecedented."
I need to quit reading blogs and start reading books more. But yours is too good. I love everything you write and I always giggle. :) You honestly amaze me with your skills in the kitchen. Making taffy with all the mess sounds miserable to me. However, I made a great brown rice, radish, barley recipe today. Although, it was in a bag and I just had to boil it. Ha! But I added great veggies and it was de-lish!
ReplyDeleteoh, and that swimsuit is fantastic. Might have to get me one.
ReplyDelete