Thursday, May 5, 2011

Planting Flowers


Let's go back to that list again, specifically #4: Our Neighborhood Home Tour.

So I was reading through the email about the tour and I realized the street festival is right by our house. I panicked a little and ran to Home Depot to buy approximately $137 worth of flowers and mulch. And then we spent most of the afternoon digging and planting to try to spruce up our neglected flower beds. Bo was helpful and loved finding the worms.


The side of my house still looks plain, but at least we have a little color in the front.

The only other mildly exciting thing to mention is that I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while at the grocery store. While we were chatting the bagger loaded my sacks into her cart. Someone figured it out and transferred the bags to my cart. Of course when I got home I was missing the turkey, onion, lettuce, and tomatoes. So I had to track down her number and she kindly returned my missing bag so I could complete the enchiladas I was making for cinco de mayo. I know, I told the story to my kids at dinner and they had the same reaction. That's about as exciting as it gets around here.

On a sad note, a friend of Jason's has a really aggressive, evil brain tumor. Please pray for Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment