I left last night at 7 with Tucker (bathed and in his pajamas) and Spencer (with her blanket and Penguin). We made it to the Holiday Inn Express on the other side of Knoxville by about 11 p.m. EST. I got the pack n play set up and Spencer tucked in and realized that I had forgotten my contact lens solution. So I got everybody out of bed and we headed out to find some. Thankfully, the QuikMart had a nice bottle for me, so we headed back to begin the tuck in process again back at the Holiday Inn Express. (This is riveting eh.) The 10-month-old had a really hard time calling it a day, and I felt bad for the people on the other side of the paper-thin walls. So I rocked him til 1 a.m. and woke back up with him at 5.
The only other news of note from the hotel (motel?) experience was that I broke my flip-flop. And a broken flip-flop is completely worthless. So I had to locate a new pair of shoes on our drive this morning before I got to Scout's camp. (So you aren't left hanging, I found a pair at the CVS off I-26.)
We picked up Scout and her friend Frenchie and turned around to do the whole drive again. And I made it back by 5 p.m. It's amazing how exhausting sitting in a car can be. I am SO happy to have Scout home. She had the best time at soccer camp, but that's enough camp for me. I want her around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment