Spencer really loves to ride her bike. We have a greenway near our house that takes us to civilization, which includes Target and Sweet CiCi's. You can ride from our house and take the Greenway to another neighborhood that also has a rockin' hamburger/ice cream joint.
Sounds fun, right? Except I think the reason it's NOT FUN is that I'm always dragging 20-60 pounds of boys who scream and complain at least part of the journey. And they are heavy. And it is hot. And they usually scream when I am trying to go UPHILL (both ways, at noon in the summer when it's 110 degrees). So it makes me grumpy and claim I'm never going cycling again.
But because Spencer loves it so much, I'm sure I will drag the bike and trailer out again in the middle of some hot day and then maybe even write another post about how I don't enjoy cycling.
On another, more positive note, I spent all day Sunday putting away the stuff I've been stashing in some pile or another since school let out. I can now see most surfaces (at least in the downstairs) and it feels great. I realize that the surfaces will only be visible for the next 3-5 days, but it still is an accomplishment, and I wanted to share that. And I celebrated the stuff-free surfaces with a bouquet of sunflowers.

No comments:
Post a Comment