
One, I just sent Scout off to another camp. Sigh. I miss her! But this one is with her three best friends. She's going to have a blast. It's a soccer camp in North Carolina. I'm a little nervous, because it says they need to start training 6 weeks prior, and we started three days ago. And then she got a fever virus the next two days. So really, she trained for two days for this camp. And by trained, I mean she got up at 6 and ran two miles with her dad.
I'm hoping she's going to be ok. She does have endless amounts of energy, so I think she will be fine. And it's not like she sits around watching t.v. all day. She would go nuts. She likes to be active, so I think this camp will be a good fit for her. The schedule for it reads something like this: Wake up at 6:30 and play soccer. Eat breakfast at 8 then play soccer. Eat lunch at 12 then play soccer. Eat dinner at 6 then play soccer. Lights out at 10:30.
I sent her off with a phone because I want to be able to check in with her. She's not quite 10, she's in a dorm with her three best friends, and she has no one watching over her. I'm a little worried she's going to stay up till 2 and be dead tired for the 8 bazillion hours of soccer between eating they have to do. So I want to check in periodically. I'm pretty sure the most exciting thing about the whole camp is the taking of the phone (which was borrowed from a friend, with the rules that SHE CAN'T TEXT and SHE CAN ONLY CALL HER MOM OR DAD. I'm really hoping she follows those rules.)
Two, I made risotto for dinner. One of the most exciting parts of my month is getting my Cooking Light magazine. I read it cover to cover and decide which recipes I'm going to reenact. Tonight's was a Lemon Vegetable Risotto. Risotto is pretty much my favorite meal. This one was ok. It was a little lemony for me. But it was fun cooking, and I let Jason saute the vegetables so he could be a part of it. That was entertaining. I noticed he likes to follow the recipe EXACTLY.

No comments:
Post a Comment