
Seeing her, after several hours of not even knowing where she was (in route to kamp, but still!) or how she was (scared? lonely? excited?) made me so relieved. Look at her smile--it answered all my questions, and it gave me peace. Clearly she's there. And clearly she's happy.
They update their blogs daily at Kanakuk. They post different videos (kids doing archery, kids at the night time parties, etc). The best videos are the ones they make of each cabin. The camera pans across each kid as they say "I miss you mom and dad!" or "I'm having a great time at kamp!" or something to that effect. Cabin 4 has yet to be posted and it's KILLING me. Patience. They also post pictures every afternoon, so at least I've gotten glimpses of her in action. Unfortunately, she's not been wearing her rash guard. And as you know, everybody in this family absolutely must wear a rash guard while swimming. I will be sending a nice email today with a friendly reminder to wear one every time.
Yesterday we actually received a letter from her! A real piece of communication from Scout to us! Jason and I seriously doubted if she would send an unprompted letter, but it looks like she did. I have to share my favorite line ever from a letter written to me.
"I'm not saying I don't MISS you guys, but camp is WAY, WAY more fun than home."
Isn't that hilarious? That is so Scout.
But the end of the letter made me the happiest. She talked about a sermon she heard on Sunday. She told us about "I'm third." She remembered the story she heard about a pilot who sacrificed his life to save others, and how she wants to live a life of God first, others second, her third. That right there makes kamp completely worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment